OC Parks staff members help preserve Orange County's parks in perpetuity for the recreation, education and inspiration of all visitors. Any ongoing recruitments are posted on the County of Orange website.
To apply or sign up for recruitment notifications, go to the County of Orange jobs website.
How to apply:
Visit the County of Orange Careers page online.
Sign up for an account.
Set an alert for job openings in OC Parks.
Prepare your application and submit during open recruitment periods.
Want to be an OC Parks Ranger?
OC Parks’ Mission is: We preserve and enhance OC Parks’ natural and cultural resources for recreation, education and exploration.
Park Rangers play an important role in protecting Orange County’s 60,000 acres of parks, open space and beaches. They work hard to keep parks safe, clean and enjoyable for 15 million visitors each year.
OC Parks Rangers are sworn peace officers and perform a wide variety of duties at different types of facilities, including regional and wilderness parks, camping parks and beaches. Candidates will be required to participate in a written test, oral interviews and a comprehensive background investigation that includes medical and physiological examinations. Successful candidates will join a high performing team that serves our communities seven days a week.
Job duties include:
- Leading interpretive events and programs
- Performing park and facility maintenance
- Assisting visitors
- Providing customer service
- Assisting with parking and crowd control at events
- Directing volunteer activities
- Providing first aid
- Keeping parks safe from fire
- Patrolling parks, beaches and open spaces
- Enforcing park rules and ordinances
- Issuing citations
- Lead a team of park staff
- Writing reports
- Administrative duties
- Weekend and holiday shift coverage