OC Parks provides a variety of volunteer services across a very diverse system of regional parks, wilderness parks, historical parks, trails, beaches and open space.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities to suit anyone’s interest, including Historic Docent, Backcounty Patrol, OC Zoo opportunities, and more. For volunteer videos and a list of all volunteer roles and descriptions click here.
Becoming an OC Parks Volunteer requires:
- A long term commitment and dedication to serving the land and community.
- Pass a background check.
- Commit a minimum of 36 volunteer hours per year.
- Volunteer training that includes:
- Program Orientation/Public Interaction Workshop
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Site Facility Training
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or 16 with parent permission.
If you’re ready to sign up as an OC Parks Volunteer, click here.
If you aren’t ready to commit to serving as an OC Parks Volunteer, consider working as a Short Term Volunteer by clicking here.
For more information, please email email@example.com.